A Summary of 1997 Livestock and Field Crops Projects
In addition to the projects highlighted above, the IPM Program funded work in 1997 on the following:
- ability of a rye cover crop to suppress the weed yellow nutsedge
- combining reduced herbicides with cultivation for weed management in field corn
- biological control of soil-dwelling insect pests in field corn and alfalfa
- row cultivation as a means of reducing herbicides and conserving soil in field corn
- reduced herbicide rates for narrow-row silage corn
Several of these projects are long-term in nature and will not produce definitive results in the immediate future.