Status of the NYS IPM Website for the Year 2006
Project Leaders: K. English, C. TenEyck, NYS IPM Program, Cornell University; R. Smith, Cornell University; R. Adams, Spider Graphics
1. The website moved to a new server (“BlackMagic,” located on the
2. An installation of Google Appliance by Cornell’s Office of Web Communications has solved our website’s problem of presenting pages from the old website as search results. After I installed the code, search results have been confined to existing pages.
3. I began using 123LogAnalyzer, our new website analysis software. In addition to the usual statistics, it deletes search engine “hits” from our totals, resulting in a more accurate idea of how many pages are requested from our site by real people. It also generates numbers of total visitors per month.
4. EZ BackUp has been installed on the BlackMagic Server.
5. Our Google ranking: our website appears on the first page of records when one searches for “Integrated Pest Management.”
6. In order to achieve better server support, we contracted this fall with Spider Graphics to host our site. Therefore there will be another change of servers soon, probably within 6 weeks.